Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal offers you the opportunity to enjoy long term smooth and hair free skin, without the need to wax or shave and is one of the most popular treatments we offer here at Broadway Retreat! But that's hardly surprising when you consider the freedom that it gives from a constant shaving or waxing regime to maintain that smooth look to your skin.
And it's not just for the ladies either...
Laser hair removal is the safest, fastest and most effective way to permanently remove unwanted hair for men as well! It is medically proven to rid you of excessive or unsightly hair for good. Whether you would prefer a smoother chest or hair removed from your back and shoulders, our treatments will ensure the smoothest results.
Can anyone have Laser Hair Removal?
The elōs Plus® Motif platform that we use is suitable for all skin types so the short answer to this is yes...however, we do need to do a patch test with you before completing your treatment. You should also be aware of the following points before laser hair removal treatment can be carried out;
Do not tan your skin for at least four weeks...either with the sun or a sun-bed.
Do not wax, pluck or use hair removal creams for four weeks prior to treatment
During the course of treatment, and for four weeks after treatment, make sure your skin is protected with at least SPF30 if you are going to be exposed to direct sunlight
- Is the treatment painful?
- Not really...it is often described as being similar to the flick of a small elastic band. At your initial consultation you will be treated with a test patch. If you feel the pain of this to be more than you can cope with, we can apply a numbing cream to the skin before your full treatment to make the experience as comfortable as possible for you.
- How long does the treatment take?
- The exact length of the treatment will vary depending on the size of the area being treated. It can last anywhere from 10 minutes to a full hour.
- How many treatments will I need?
- At any given time, only a portion of hair follicles are actively growing. The others are in the dormant or resting part of the growth cycle and so cannot be targeted. Generally, a course of 6-8 treatments spaced 4 – 8 weeks apart is required to achieve the best results. We will advise you as your treatment goes on and the best period of time between treatments for your individual case.
Video - How it works
Watch this to see how we achieve that smooth skin look for you...